Friday, February 24, 2012

For MSFT: Change of behaviour in configurations in SP1?

In SSIS SP1, if you use a .dtsconfig file that references a non-existent object in your package then you get a warning.

I don't have a pre-SP1 install to hand so I can't test it out but I seem to remember that pre-SP1 this used to cause an error.


Can anyone confirm that this behaviour has been changed in SP1?

Thanks

Jamie

Anyone?|||

Information: 0x40016041 at ConfigTest: The package is attempting to configure from the XML file "C:\Yukon\ISPlaying\ISPlaying\ConfigTest.dtsConfig".
Warning: 0x80012017 at ConfigTest: The package path referenced an object that cannot be found: "\Package.Variables[User::VariableX].Properties[Value]". This occurs when an attempt is made to resolve a package path to an object that cannot be found.
SSIS package "ConfigTest.dtsx" starting.
SSIS package "ConfigTest.dtsx" finished: Success.

Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer
Version 9.00.1399.00

Your memory is not up to it I'm afraid, a sad thing to see in a man of your age. :)

|||

I seem to remember that you thought the same as me on Friday

Oh, and I'll always be younger than you!!!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment