Friday, February 24, 2012

For new in SSIS. To send data from operational d/base to data warehouse

Hi Dear All!

I am Crystal Reports Developer and I am new in SSIS environment. I have started to read Professional SQL Server 2005 IS book. I am really confused by many tasks to choose.

I need to develop reports from data warehouse. But before I have to send the data from operational database (SQL Server 2000) to warehouse (SQL Server 2005) monthly - I have a script for retrieving the data. For my package, I chose Data Flow Task, Execute SQL Task, and OLE DB Destination, and it does not work.

Please help me if I can look similar packages performing?

Thank you!!

You data-flow needs to contain more than just an OLE DB Destination. It needs an OLE DB Source as well.

-Jamie

|||

Also, consider watching the Kimball webcast on using SSIS in datawarehouses. It's on the main page of this forum and has very good information for beginners.

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=534505&SiteID=1

|||

Thanks Jamie for your suggestion. Moreover, I will try to use SQL command in Data Access mode for OLE DB Source.

Corres

|||

Thanks Phil for your suggestion. To be honest, it is a bit complicated for me for now, but I have found a lot of useful info for me. Thanks.

Corres

|||When I started, I watched that webcast several times in order to pick up on several topics... Just give it time and play around with data and you'll get the hang of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment