Sunday, February 26, 2012

For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document

I have seen one other post about this and using IP addressing rather that DNS names - I am using DNS.

I have a large report that runs fine in report manager, but as soon as I try and export it to Excel it takes an age to run and I get the above error.

Any ideas anyone?

Oh, and I export loads of other reports to Excel with no problems on the same server.

More info: Curiously, I can output to pdf, xml, in fact anything except Excel.

I'm stumped

|||I can confirm that I am getting the same error when exporting with the excel plugin with large amounts of data. All other plugins work fine, just excel that's causing problems.|||

We've seen a few customers who have seen this and I'm trying to get a repro. I've tried using reports that use large result sets but cannot go beyond a certain number of rows as there is a max row limit in Excel. Then I tried to use a wide data set. Sure enough, it takes a long time when exporting to Excel but ultimately it succeeds. I've tried applying some memory pressure as well. I'm not sure if there is anything about the report or other settings that may be causing this. It will be great if you can provide additional details.

Thanks,

Sharmila

|||

I have sent a reporting services error log to someone at MS - can't remember whom and I'm not at work till next week to check my email.

It seems to be a large result set and only when rendering to Excel. Calling the report directly from within an ASP page (with the parameter to render directly to Excel) makes no difference. There are not memory problems as far as I can see, because I have tried it when the server is very quiet - with the same result. It must be a setting somewhere.

|||Sharmila - I could try and send you a data source and report if you like to see if the same thing happens on your system|||

This is now happening on a large number of reports in our reporting regime. Does anyone have a clue as to whats causing this?

Server is Windopws 2003 SP1, all clients are Windows XP SP2

|||

Please see this related thread

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=291873&SiteID=1

|||

Sure, you can send it to sharmila dot vijayan at microsoft dot com.

Thanks,

Sharmila

|||

Can you send me the report and other details in order for me to get a repro?

Thanks,

Sharmila

|||RDL, Data and dataset (in the form of a spreadsheet - must be pulled into an SQL server table to work) sent to Sharmila|||

I have the same issue when I tried to export reports to excel, pdf and other formats. I can display reports on aspx page. I can even pass parameters from the ASPX page from the buttonclick event. Everything works fine except the export option. How did you guys fix your problem? Anyhelp is highly appreciated. Thanks, Sundar

No comments:

Post a Comment