Sunday, February 26, 2012

For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document

I am getting this error while running a very large dataset. Please help..

The full description of the error is : "For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the ProhibitDtd property on XmlReaderSettings to false and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method."

I am having hard time figuring out a solution for this. I am using sql 05, SSRS 05, Report viewer

I have a very big Dataset which pulls up millions of rows.

When I pass parameters from Windows forms to run on Reportviewer through webservice it is giving me "System.OutOfMemory" Exception and when I pass same parameters on the server(i.e. http:\\server\reportmanager) it is giving me this error "For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document. To enable DTD processing set the ProhibitDtd property on XmlReaderSettings to false and pass the settings into XmlReader.Create method".

I have no problem when I pass small dataset.

Please help me solve this annoying this problem.

|||

I found this article and i guess this should answer your question.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/909678

|||

Thanks Chaitanya for the informative link.

I've already checked that and done necessary changes for the long running reports.

Right now I was able to print 55541 pages. We decided to take printout in batches if the requirement more than 55541. They best possible solution would be schedule a report and call it from Windows service using webservices.

Please let me know if we can print unlimited pages(i.e about 3 million pages).

No comments:

Post a Comment