Sunday, February 26, 2012

FOR XML AUTO

Hi all, can anyone confirm for me whether or not MSDE provides the same FOR XML AUTO
Funtionality as the full version of SQL Server 2000?
I am thinking of using MSDE as our distributed DB, but cant find out in the documentation whether
it supports it or not.
thanks in advance,
Mike.
hi Mike,
"Mike UK" <Mike@.ISIS.co.uk> ha scritto nel messaggio
news:0C45E94F-AB45-4A94-8E04-35CC2A4B0563@.microsoft.com...
> Hi all, can anyone confirm for me whether or not MSDE provides the same
FOR XML AUTO
> Funtionality as the full version of SQL Server 2000?
> I am thinking of using MSDE as our distributed DB, but cant find out in
the documentation whether
> it supports it or not.
> thanks in advance,
> Mike.
I never heard of such a limitation, just tried a simple
select top 10 * from dbo.tbname for xml auto
... just works.. =;-)
Andrea Montanari (Microsoft MVP - SQL Server)
http://www.asql.biz/DbaMgr.shtmhttp://italy.mvps.org
DbaMgr2k ver 0.7.0 - DbaMgr ver 0.53.0
(my vb6+sql-dmo little try to provide MS MSDE 1.0 and MSDE 2000 a visual
interface)
-- remove DMO to reply
|||Thanks Andrea, thats great, I just saw an article that said MSDE didnt support
SQLXML functionality and so I was not sure.
Cheers!
Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment