Sunday, February 26, 2012

For Remus - Access to the remote server is denied because the current security context is not tr

Remus (or anyone who can help) -

I am sorry for posting this question here. The only reason I am doing so is because Remus answered a question similar to this late last year, but I couldn't get access to the whole thread.

In SQL 2005, from a stored procedure in a local database I am attempting to execute a remote stored procedure in another database on another server. I am getting the error referred to in the Subject when the local stored procedure tries to execute the remote stored procedure. A couple of comments:

a.. The remote database is set up as a linked server in the local database. As part of the linked server definition I selected the 'be made using this security context', and provided a local user name and password.
b.. The remote database is set to Trustworthy.
c.. I have tried every combination of WITH Execute As on the remote stored procedure but nothing works.
d.. I can query against the remote database successfully within Management Studio. I can even execute the remote stored procedure successfully from within M.S., but not from within my local stored procedure when it is run.


Thank you for your help on this - Amos.

Do you still have this problem? I was in vacantion and could not respond to forum questions.

You have to set the local database as trustworthy and the dbo of the local database must correspond to a login that has the 'authenticate server' priviledge.

HTH,
~ Remus

No comments:

Post a Comment