Tuesday, March 27, 2012

ForEach Loop Container and First Task

Hi,

My Foreach Loop container has 10 different task inside. I want to execute the first task only one time. I have a variable with increases for each repition. How can I put precedence contstraint on the first task so that it should execute only first time and other task has to execute all the time.

Thanks

You can add a property expression on the task that will set the Disable property to True/False accordingly

Thanks,
Ovidiu Burlacu

|||

Ovidiu Burlacu wrote:

You can add a property expression on the task that will set the Disable property to True/False accordingly

Thanks,
Ovidiu Burlacu

Far be it from me to disagree with Ovidiu (who knows far more about SSIS then I ever will) but I think a better approach would be to make all of the tasks execute after an empty sequence container. You can then put an expression on the precedence constraint that goes between the sequence container and the task you only want to execute on the first iteration.

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment