Thursday, March 29, 2012

ForeachFile and ForeachItem

Since I installed SP1, I do not see ForeachFile and ForEachItem anymore as possible collections in the Foreach package, What went wrong? Thanks for any advice.

You may have to make sure there are selected under the SSIS Control flow items. Right Click on Control Flow task tab - select choose item... - select SSIS Control flow tab - you should see the foreachfile and foreachitem controls - make sure they are selected.

Carl

|||

thanks for your answer but I did check that

In the list, I only see the ForEach loop item, and that I checked.

It's when I use that control flow item that I do not get the choice for ForEachFile and ForeachItem in the Collections page.

|||

Still could not solve this (annoying) problem (need ForEach File)

Can somebody please help?

|||It sounds like your installation has been corrupted. You have the For and ForEach Shapes in the toolbox, but when you drag the ForEach shape over you are missing 2 of the values in the drop-down for the type of enumerator. Is this correct? If so you may need to do a reinstall.|||

thanks, I've installed SQL Standard edition this weekend (with lots of problems, had to reinstall windows, visual studio did not install) and since then I have the mentioned items.

just discovered another (very) big problem though, not one of my SSIS packages works, every time I want to edit the data flow, Visual studio crashes,

any experience with that?

|||

That's weird. No errors come up? It just crashes?

I had an issue with very large packages sometimes crashing. It didn't really crash the IDE, but I couldn't save any packages. I would get an Out of Memory error. That mysteriously disappeared though.

Do you have SP1?

|||

I copy my thread on that, works now, I had to delete all data sources and data source views, execute, edit in debug mode and stop debugging, very weird indeed.

Adress was different by package

I have CTP1 installed, did you install the Techn preview of SP2? Worth doing (and taking the risk)?

I used an evaluation version till last week.

Was working fine so I decided to buy a Standard License.

Installed during the weekend, I had many problems till I decided to reinstall completely Windows. I have installed SP1

Everything worked fine then, ONLY not one of my SSIS packages still works; I get following error when editing the data flow task

The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x7e8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Unhandled exception at 0x54fc5e89 in devenv.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

Please help, this is a disaster otherwise

Seems to work if I delete datasources and data source views and execute first?


No comments:

Post a Comment